The Ayia Napa – Protaras Hotels Association is the regional Association of the Cyprus Hotel Association (CHA), the Hoteliers National Trade Union and the biggest hotel association on the island. The Cyprus Hotel Association was founded at the beginning of the 1930’s and since then is playing a key role in the development of tourism in Cyprus.
There are regional committees of the Hotel Association that take care of all aspects of the hotel industry in that region and these are based on the main aims of the Cyprus Hotel Association that are;
- The protection and promotion of the interests of the hoteliers as employers and professionals working in the hotel industry
- The promotion and upgrading of the Cyprus tourism development
- The upgrading and development of the hotels in Cyprus and the improvement of the professional level of its members
- To create a strong solidarity between its members
- To keep an active and up-to-date diary of promotional events & exhibitions
- An active Committee that oversees all the above
The regional committee of Ayia Napa and Protaras is the biggest with 164 members in both resorts and nearly 40,000 beds. The establishments range from all kinds and categories – from 5 to 2 star hotels, A to C category hotel apartments, village style accommodation and many other kinds of accommodation according to the needs of the visitors to the region.
The Committee is very active and plays a key role in the promotion and the development of the area, as member of the Regional Tourist Board of Ayia Napa – Protaras on the East coast of Cyprus. Along with the Municipalities of Ayia Napa and Paralimni/Protaras, the Hotel Association participates in many tourist exhibitions all over Europe while locally, representatives of the Committee actively participate in many official committees set up by the Government related to the various sectors of the hotel and tourist industry.
We welcome you to our region.